A Must Read for Those Looking For the Perfect Fight Scene
C.T. Phipps is an action man. Read this blog to learn why. He gives you the…
THE 5 RULES TO FRAME A GOOD FIGHT SCENE
- THERE IS NO ACTION WITHOUT EMOTION
- USE YOUR CHARACTER’S FIGHTING STYLE TO SAY MORE ABOUT HIM/HER
- DON’T LOSE SIGHT OF THE SCENE. THE SETTING IMPACTS THE FIGHT
- BUILD UP TO THE COMBAT OFTEN HAPPENS EARLIER IN A BOOK AND THE FINALE COULD BE SHORTER.
- INVINCIBLE HEROES ARE BORING. MAKE YOUR ENEMY STRONG
Over to Charles…
People read my books for the action.
Well, that and the fact my characters as slightly more sarcastic than Bart Simpson, Daria, Buffy, and Harry Dresden all put into a blender before you hit frappe. However, for the most part, all of my books are genre novels with big epic The Matrix lobby scene and Avengers-style action sequences. It’s something I love and I just can’t help but think, “You…
View original post 1,002 more words